Challenging Home Buyers – From Picky to Predatory
You strive to align expectations, deliver a complete and clean home, and respond promptly to warranty issues. Yet you can still face serious problems with some homeowners due to situations outside of your control, unintentional errors, or the customers’ personalities. This class provides tips for successfully managing honest customers who’ve become angry, controlling unusual customer behaviors, and protecting your company from the rare but potent dishonest customer.
Suggested Audience: Management and Front Line Personnel
- Describe three categories of challenging home buyers.
- Explain how to recognize which of the three categories a challenging customer belongs in and explain the significance of this distinction.
- Illustrate how company action or inaction can result in challenging customer situations.
- Define four or more recovery skills all companies need.
- Illustrate judgment skills at three levels: physical, circumstantial, and image.
- Demonstrate defense skills as they may apply to a customer conflict.
- Design escalation procedures appropriate to company size and staffing configurations.
- Illustrate effective documentation for a customer conflict situation.
- Evaluate an experience with a customer to discover lessons or potential needed improvements.