While taking part in the Spring Parade of Homes, safety measures to protect the general public will not be taken lightly. As an attendee of the event, we ask that you follow these guidelines:
- Stay home if you are potentially sick. Those displaying COVID-19 symptoms may not be granted access to the home.
- It is suggested seniors and persons with compromised immune systems not attend this event due to risk of infection. Please contact the builder to schedule a private showing.
- Due to the limit of 10 people allowed in a home at a time and the nature of children to touch surfaces, we ask that children not attend this event.
- Maintain 6’ social distancing guidelines while waiting to enter the home, talking to those working in the home and while touring the home (including while following directional signs inside). This may require waiting to enter a hallway or a room until the group ahead of you has left the area.
- Refrain from touching surfaces and handles in the home.
- Make sure to wear/bring socks with you as you will be asked to slip your shoes off and carry them through the home. If you do not have socks on you may not be allowed to enter a home. Consider bringing a bag to carry your shoes if it is raining.
- All visitors must wear a face covering to enter the Parade Homes.
The Home Builders Association of Lincoln is requiring all event participants showing a home to take the following steps for their safety as well as the safety of the public to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- We encourage those working the Parade home to wear a face covering.
- Limit the number of people in the home at one time to 10, no groups larger than four. We prefer no more than five couples of two at one time.
- Attendees may have one way in and a separate way out to maintain social distancing guidelines (follow directional signs in the home).
- Builders are encouraged to leave on all lights as well as open all doors to minimize contamination.
- Frequently touched areas such as countertops, door knobs, stair rails, display areas, etc. will be cleaned and disinfected often. Wipe down commonly touched surfaces with disinfectant every hour during high traffic and every four hours when little to no traffic.
Your interest and participation in the event is greatly appreciated. We hope you enjoy the Parade while still being mindful of the current health situation we find ourselves in. If you do not feel comfortable viewing the homes on this year’s event, please contact any of the Builders directly or visit the Parade of Homes page to view the online guidebook and virtual tours.