The Home Builders Association of Lincoln held its 70th Annual Installation & Awards Ceremony on Tuesday, January 14, 2020 at the Scottish Rite Masonic Center. At the event, Herb Reese, Reese Construction, Inc., was installed as President of the Association along with the following:
- Matt Kinning, Kinning Design Build, Inc., President Elect
- Fred Hoppe, The Hoppe Law Firm, 1st Vice President
- Perry Haralson, Cornhusker Bank, 2nd Vice President
- Lori Wellman, Lincoln Cabinet, Secretary
- Bob Bryant, Bryant, Katt & Associates, Treasurer
- Denny Van Horn, Van Horn Custom Homes, Immediate Past President
- Michaela Harrison, Executive Vice President
Board of Directors:
- Mark Aksamit, Window Option Specialists
- Taylor Ashburn, West Gate Bank
- Bryce Bornemeier, The Window & Door Store
- Beau Daffer, BIC Construction, LLC
- Kelly Krueger, Rainwood Interiors
- Hayley Lane, Rezac Construction, Inc.
- Pam Magner, Reynolds Design & Remodeling
- Tyler Reynolds, Woods Bros. Realty
- Matt Ruhlman, Ruhlman Eilers Construction
- Marlene Stroup, Schwinn Homes, LLC
- Sam Swartz, Build DCB, Inc.
- Ryan Trausch, Lincoln Federal Savings Bank
At the event, which was emceed by Kristin Sims, Reynolds Design & Remodeling, the following awards were presented:
- Herm Hempel Award (Most New Members) – Denny Van Horn
- Ervin E. Peterson Founders Award (Most Retained Members) – Denny Van Horn
- Development Services Center Employee of the Year Award – Bill Fuelling
- Affiliate of the Year – Ben Carey
- Associate of the Year & Lifetime Membership Award – Ron Petsch
- President’s Award – Jim Christo
Council reports were also given on the Young Building Professionals and the Remodelers Council of Lincoln. These two councils provide members an opportunity to be involved in a smaller setting.
Kristin Sims was recently installed as the President of the Young Building Professionals which has 95 members. The YBP Midday Meetups and Hard Hat Happy Hours remain strong networking and professional development opportunities which bring new and familiar faces to the group. YBP is working to get involved with students in middle and high school who are interested in careers in construction. Planning for the 4th annual YBP Light the Way 5K is underway. The proceeds from the run directly benefit Lighthouse. In 2019 YBP raised $2,400 from the event.
Heidi Polacek was installed as Chairman of the Remodelers Council at the annual Christmas Party in December. In 2019, the Remodelers Council had its first membership drive in several years and now has 100 members. In August the Council held its 28th annual Golf Tournament where they raised $3,600 for the Lincoln Home Builders Care Foundation’s scholarship fund. In December the group collected hats, mittens and gloves for Lincoln elementary schools, an annual tradition started in 2010. The Tour of Remodeled Homes which is sponsored by the Remodelers Council will be April 25 & 26, 2020. Thank you to all the members who continue to support this annual event which allows the Remodelers Council to showcase what its members do best.