June is here and remodeling is in full swing. As remodeling contractors we sometimes should review who we are working with as subcontractors. We need to make sure we ask some of the important questions that protect us and our customers. We all want jobs to run smoothly and it is important to have the best contractors built on relationships, not price only.
Some great questions to ask are:
- How long have they been in business?
- Are they properly insured and licensed?
- What are the timelines for their products?
- How will they deal with pricing changes, payment schedules?
- Are they involved members of HBAL?
- What are their warranties?
- Do they have a set schedule to follow?
- Do they have referrals or completion pictures?
We take pride in what we do for our customers and these are all very important to give the best remodeling experience to everyone involved.
Join us on June 14 for the Remodelers Council picnic at Antelope Park. On June 16, come and learn more about what your membership is doing for you and your community at the HBAL 101 Lunch & Learn.